3 reasons why rescues make the best dogs…
Millions of dogs are euthanized across North America every year because the numbers brought into shelters outweigh the number of people who consider adopting.
At Spot, it’s our goal to change this. We’re happy to help by:
- Making dog ownership more accessible through our on-demand walks.
- Donating 10 cents from every 10 minutes walked to the Calgary Humane Society (hyperlink).
If you’re looking for some reasons to adopt, here’s 3:
- You are saving lives, literally!And that’s something to feel great, and even brag about! When you adopt an animal you are not only saving it’s live, but the lives of other animals by opening up a spot in a shelter for them!
- Dogs in shelters are not bad dogs.In fact, they most often come from households with human problems, like divorce, finances, or moving out of the country. There are many reasons why owners may be forced to give up a pet, and you can often find dogs that are already house-trained and used to living with families. Like many of us, these dogs are just looking for someone to love and call their human!
- It costs you less!Usually when you adopt a pet, the cost to spay, neuter, vaccinate, and even microchip is included! Depending on the dog, you might also save time and money on house breaking and training as mature dogs have already learned these things!
As always, this post has been sealed with a slobbery kiss,